Loading ...

Places to go for support and advice outside school

If you a student who would like some free, safe, and anonymous online support visit: www.kooth.com

Support and useful contacts can also be found at: www.youngdevon.org

Support in School:

You can talk to any adult in school and they will support you. Normally you might go to your Tutor or Head of Year but it doesn’t have to be.

We also have a counselling service at Queen Elizabeth’s. Students can ‘self-refer’ to this: you don’t have to speak to a teacher first, you can make an appointment directly with our counsellors, Emily King and Julie Lowenthal.

Ways to do this include via email:



Western Road: 01363778349 or extension 229 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The office is in West Wing above the Nurse’s Room.

Barnfield Campus: 01363778050 or extension 330 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The room is in the Penthouse between L4 and 5.

If you do not want to email or phone you can always leave a note under the door or leave a message at Reception for the counsellor’s pigeonhole.

Counselling is confidential, other than serious danger boundaries. This will all be explained to you before you start your session/s.

Staff and parents can also refer students as long as the young person is willing to engage.

You can find more support and guidance from: www.cwmt.org.uk

For support and advice on Mental Illness you can also download some guidance below:

Our Prospectus
Find out more
Find out more
Sixth Form
Find out more
Term Dates
Find out more
Find out more
Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy